Happy 60th birthday, mom!!!

Today is a very special day. It's my mom's birthday. Not just any birthday, she is turning 60 today. And, to top it off,  it's my birthday, also. Yes, I was born on my mom's birthday, how cool is that?

My mom is the reason I love and appreciate all things handmade. She patiently taught me how to knit, despite the fact that I was so mad at how ugly my knitting looked, that I threw knitting needles across the room and vowed never to touch them again. She tried teaching me how to crochet but to no avail. I'm just hopeless at that. (insert a very sad face here)

We are not able to spend our birthdays together since a big, giant ocean separates us (she's in Europe, I'm in the US). So I thought today would be a great day to share some of my mom's creations with you. It will definitely help me miss her a little bit less.

These cross-stitch pictures hang in our dining area / my sewing space.

cross - stitch landscapes

this one is my favorite

My mom's embroidery is also gracing our kitchen walls



and helping me hide clutter behind these cabinet doors


I don't think there ever was a day that my mom would have no WIP going on. Besides doing embroidery, she has knitted and crocheted dozens of sweaters, hats, scarves, headbands, all things imaginable (unfortunately, I don't have any more pictures to share right now).

So, let me just finish with one more heartfelt HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!!! or, as I would say in Slovak MAMI, VSETKO NAJLEPSIE K NARODENINAM. MYSLIME NA TEBA A PRAJEME TI VELA ZDRAVIA, LASKY A POZEHNANIA. UZI SI TU SVOJU 60-TKU.
YOU'RE THE BEST, LOVE YOU
Svetlana