courthouse steps pillow

Hello, welcome back!

I'm pretty sure you remember this green and grey courthouse steps block.


I made it 2!!! months ago and it was just sitting on my design wall. I knew I wanted to make it into a pillow cover, but I was stuck, once again, on how to quilt it.

I finally got an idea this afternoon. Hand quilting!!! Why didn't I think of that before? I decided to hand quilt in sort of stitch in a ditch way. I used grey embroidery thread because I did not want to take away from the pattern, I just wanted to give it some texture, that's it.


I went ahead and made a small courthouse steps block for the back of the pillow and I also hand quilted it "in the ditch".


And here's what the pillow looks like now that it's all quilted and finished using invisible zipper (I do love those zippers). Front:


and back:

The finished size is 16" x 16". I can't believe how quickly it came together once I knew exactly what I wanted to do and how to quilt it. I guess it's just another lesson for me to realize that it's OK to let the project sit and wait until the right idea comes to mind.

Do you get stuck sometimes? What do you do when that happens?

Svetlana

Linking up to AmandaJean's Finish it Up Friday.