scrapper's delight {a finished quilt}

I managed to finish my son's Scrapper's delight quilt over the weekend. 


We both love how it turned out and it's a perfect size for him, 60" x 60". 
I started off by using a Scrapper's Delight pattern from Sunday Morning Quilts, but I ended up changing the pattern a little - you can read about it here.


I backed it with blue minky (per my son's request) and quilted it in concentric squares (thank you, Jamie for the suggestion). I worried a little about this minky being so "bumpy" but at the end it gave me absolutely no trouble at all. Yay!!!


I love how fun yet unobtrusive this quilting turned out- it makes for an interesting backing while blending in with the quilt top very nicely. 


I finished the quilt off by using Kona Ash for the binding. I think it frames this busy quit so well and calms it down a little, too. 

This was such an interesting quilt to work on and I absolutely love that middle square "popping out" of the quilt. Plus, this pattern lends itself so well to boyish colors (always a hard thing for me to do).

Thanks so much for reading. Svetlana